Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cookies for Santa - Teacher/Neighbour gift idea

Ok, so this post is completely photography unrelated, but I wanted to share the gift we made for the kid's preschool teachers, day carer and the people in our street. It's a great idea if you are strapped for time but still want to do something with a personal touch. Toby wanted to bake cookies but I was reluctant, as my cooking is not the hottest thing going around....I didn't think poisoning the people we are thankful for was a great way to say "Merry Christmas!" So I found an awesome idea (on Pinterest of course) to do that involved baking, just not me doing it!!


Enter the gift in a jar! I saw an idea that involved popping the dry ingredients for cookies into a jar and then the receiver simply needs to add egg and butter and voila! Instant cookie dough! No mess, no fuss, no cooking by me! Win - Win!!

I found my recipe on this wonderful site: http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/ and tested it out first to make sure it was fool proof. If I could do it, ANYONE can!! This site also explains which order to pack your ingredients in so they stay separated in the jar.


I then found some lovely jars in House, made some labels in Photoshop, tied on some ribbon and jingle bells and made a cute tag (another idea I adapted from Pinterest....man I love that site), and all done!






Now off to deliver our gifts!




No comments: